There are many lucrative business that you can think about if you are planning to start a small business in India. Although it requires a good investment & lots of formalities before you can actually setup your business in India but here I will talk about the 3 business ideas which are hot in India.
Top 3 Small Business Ideas in India
Let’s know about each of the 3 businesses in details that you can setup in India & decide which one is better for you.
1. Property Dealers
This is one of the hottest business in India. It does not need much investment & the profits are very huge. There was a time when only old people used to plan to buy the properties but the time has changed now. The rising salaries & easy loan facilities are giving the young people the opportunity to buy their own properties.
This has created the demand in property market across India. More than 50% of all the properties are booked through property dealers. A property dealer does not only help in showing the properties but also in completing all the formalities that needed to buy the same.
A property dealer earns a commission of 1% or more from both buyer as well as seller. Just check here one of the article that shows how average property dealer from Mumbai is making more than 100,000 per month. Apart from this, there is huge demand for properties on lease too.
2. Online Business
There is no better time than now to start an online business in India. The number of internet users has been tripled in the last 5 years. You will see a new ecommerce website pops up every few days. People are shopping online like never before.
India is already witnessing the huge growth of companies like Flipcart, SnapDeal, HomeShop18. So you have got a very good chance to start an online business.
Here are some of the options you can start with, in case you want to start an online business.
- If you have your own product, you can create a website, start promting it through search engines & social network & see how fast you can get the success in selling your product. If you don’t have your own product, you can tie-up with some distributors or wholesalers who can give you products on cheaper rates.
- There are many people who buy the cheap electronics products (like tablet PC which is hot selling product in India) from China & sell at a good margin here in India. You can consider buying similar or other products directly from China (if you have import & export license) or from a distributor who imports from China.
- You can start an online consultancy business if you think you have expertise in some area.
- You can start blogging which is one of the best online business. There are many Indian bloggers who are making a hell lot of money from blogging. If you are serious in blogging, you will definitely find success.
3. Opening a fitness center
This industry is doing very well in India & is continuously growing at a faster pace than ever. People are recognizing the importance of health & they spend money on fitness.
There are many options to open a fitness business. One of the best way is to open a fully equipped gym where you can charge the people on monthly basis. You must have a space of more than 1200 sq ft.
Your level of success depend on the location of your gym & the facilities you provide to your customers. Although you need heavy investment to start a fitness center but it will payoff in the long run.
All the 3 business models are very successful in India. But there are many other factors you need to look at, before you decide to start your own business.
- License: Image author owned
I am Priya N who writes on blogging, make money & small business. You can visit my blog Jobs8Home.com if you are looking to make money online.