YouTube is a video service website. You get to do a lot of things on YouTube. You can watch different videos, upload videos or even delete videos that are embarrassing to you. The problem with an upload of items uploaded on a web server is its propagation to other servers and even to web browsers. If you are able to remove every trace of such items like video, image or post on a website, it becomes more difficult for the content to reside longer on public server. Sometimes you may want to delete an embarrassing YouTube video and when you are not able to remember your username and password details, it could be difficult. You may appear in an embarrassing video with some people and you want to delete it. If the video was uploaded by someone else it might be difficult, however if you had uploaded the video possibly accidentally while you were trying to upload another one from your computer you should be able to delete it. Here are some tips on how to delete videos on YouTube
- Login to your YouTube account
- Look up for the “my account” option from the upper right side of the menu. This is the portion that displays all the details related to you and the account information you provided during registration process on YouTube. On your account menu, you will find different options that will enable you carry out different activities
- Select the “My Account” from the upper right side of the menu of the page. This will enable you browse through the various activities of the videos available.
- Select the “Videos” section. In this section, you will find options like playlists, favorite videos, upload new videos and the “my videos” options. Choose the “my videos” option and look for the video and click the “remove video” button
- It is only your own videos that you will be able to delete with the above steps. If you have appeared in an embarrassing video that has not been uploaded by you. The best way to remove it is to appeal to the video creator to remove it.
- You can flag it down; an indication of invasion of privacy, however the video will still not be deleted since it was not uploaded by you.
- If you appear in the video in a way that is inappropriate to you, you may request YouTube to delete the parts that you appeared or for them to take it down entirely on privacy basis. However it is not an automatic right to have an unwanted video of you uploaded by someone else to be deleted by YouTube.
In conclusion, it is only your own video that you have exclusive right to delete at any time you want. It is YouTube that will take the action on a video you did not upload; they may act in some serious cases however they are not obliged to do so.
Looking for 70-680 exam help? Let’s take advantage of Self Test Engine self paced COG-635 training and pass your IT exams on first try.